Abstract Submissions Portal NOW OPEN
Submission Deadline; Monday, July 1, 2021
Abstract Award Categories and Submission Guidelines!
Please read carefully before submitting your abstract.
The Society of Anesthesia and Sleep Medicine (SASM) is pleased to announce that its Virtual Meeting will be held Friday, October 8, 2021 with tentative in-person workshops on Thursday, October 7, 2021. The abstract submission portal is now open until July 1, 2021. Only abstracts submitted electronically will be considered for grading. Abstracts will be reviewed for acceptance after July 1st, and authors will be notified regarding abstract acceptance for presentation via email. All abstracts will be presented virtually on Friday, October 8.
- Any work related to the following criteria will be considered for presentation: the mechanism of anesthetic, sedation, arousal, memory, intra-operative awareness and post-operative recall, airway physiology, respiratory drive, and sleep disorders.
- Your abstract must be new and not previously submitted for consideration to another meeting or publication. Exception: If your abstract has been presented elsewhere and you would like to submit it to the 2021 SASM Annual Meeting, your previous presentation must be within one year from October 1, 2021 to be considered.
- It is the authors’ responsibility to ensure not to violate the policy of other meetings where their abstract has previously been presented.
- The abstracts submitted to the 2021 SASM Annual Meeting can be submitted to and presented at the 2021 ASA Annual Meeting.
- Abstracts should be brief (a maximum of 500 words, written in 11 point Arial font, single spaced) and be submitted in Microsoft Word Document format (.docx or .doc).
- For more submission guides, CLICK HERE to download a sample PDF of how to format your abstract.
- Presenting authors are required to pay meeting registration fees to attend the Annual Meeting.
The Scientific Program Committee will be honoring the best abstracts with the prestigious Best Abstracts Awards. The winner will be chosen based on the scientific merit of their submissions, originality, and vision to improve the scientific understanding of anesthesia and sleep medicine and improvement in the quality of perioperative patient care. All abstracts will be blindly evaluated and ranked by the Abstract Committee.
- Best Abstract Awards: There will be three awards given for the best research. One winner of the First Place Award will receive $300, one winner of the Second Place Award will receive $250 and one winner of the Third Place Award will receive $150.