This is a very exciting time for SASM. While we are a new and growing organization, we have very motivated members interested in advancing the science of sleep and Sleep-Disordered Breathing (SDB) and their interactions with anesthesia, as well as improving clinical outcomes in patients with SDB subjected to anesthesia. We feel our collaborative efforts will give rise to unlimited opportunities. You have the ability to make an impact from the very start. Consider joining SASM today!
- CLICK HERE for Individual Membership –
For those with interest in renewing their own individual membership with SASM.
- CLICK HERE for Group Membership (For Active Membership Type ONLY) –
For those with interest in renewing 3 or more Active Members from the same institution at one time to receive a discount.
- CLICK HERE for Department Membership –
For departments with interest in renewing entire department staff, residents and fellows.
Classes of Membership:
Fees subject to annual review. Membership year is from July 1 – June 30 of any given year.
Gold Patron Members: $250 Annual Membership Dues
Showing special support for SASM. This donation is inclusive of annual membership and available for all classes of membership. The additional donation beyond general membership will be used to promote scholarly activity in the area of anesthesia and sleep medicine and promote patient care programs in areas common to anesthesia and sleep medicine. Gold Patron Members receive recognition on the SASM website and an will be invited to special events highlighting programs made possible with their donations, including the VIP speaker dinner at the Annual Meeting, free of charge.
Active Members (US/Canada Based): $100 Annual Membership Dues
Physician and scientist members with the ability to vote, hold office and serve as Directors on the Board.
International Active Members: $25 Annual Membership Dues
Physician and scientist members, who practice outside of the United States or Canada, with the ability to vote, hold office and serve as Directors on the Board.
Associate Members: $50 Annual Membership Dues
Non-physicians and non-scientists, without voting rights.
Educational Members: $50 Annual Membership Dues
Fellows, residents, medical students and other undergraduates, without voting rights.
Benefits of Membership in SASM include:
- Reduced registration fees at SASM sponsored meetings
- SASM newsletter
- Full voting rights in electing SASM Board of Directors and Officers
- $20 discount off your International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS) Full Membership (Code: SASM2017)
- Enhances your network of regional, national, and international colleagues
- Learn of collaborative research projects
- Educational material posted for members only
- Gives a forum to evaluate and discuss the latest research, education, and clinical practices pertaining to Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) and patients with other sleep disordered breathing
- Get advice and counsel from other members regarding various practice paradigms.
Note: SASM is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization. Membership dues may be deductible as a business expense. SASM Tax ID number is 27-4613034