The SASM Clinical Committee is pleased to announce the development of four new educational documents!
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) Perioperative Help Sheet for Providers
- OSA, Anesthesia and Surgery Patient Education Brochure
- Slide Set: Obstructive Sleep Apnea: An Overview
- Slide Set: Evaluation and Management of Obstructive Sleep Apnea in the Perioperative Period
Also, feel free to download and use the existing educational documents below!
- Guidelines and Recommendations Brochure
(A 4-page printable brochure describing recommendations for the evaluation and management of patients with known and suspected OSA in the perioperative time period. This document can be used to educate providers at all levels involved in the care of patients with known or suspected OSA.)
- Long Guidelines and Recommendations Document
(A longer document that provides case examples, guidelines and example protocols for perioperative care of known or suspected OSA patients. This document can be used to educate providers at all levels involved in the care of patients with known or suspected OSA.)
Bhargavi Gali, MD
Clinical Committee Chair
Dennis Auckley, MD
Clinical Committee Co-Chair