Society of Anesthesia and Sleep Medicine
9th Annual Meeting • October 17-18, 2019
Hilton Hotel • Orlando, Florida
AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ Offered
Krish Ramachandran, MD, MBBS, Harvard Medical School
Christine Won, MD, Yale University School of Medicine
Stephen Haskins, MD, Hospital for Special Surgery
- Physician Scientist: $275 by 9/30, $325 after 9/30
- Allied Health Professional: $225 by 9/30, $275 after 9/30
- Resident/Fellow: $200 by 9/30, $250 after 9/30
- Physician Scientist: $350 by 9/30, $400 after 9/30
- Allied Health Professional: $300 by 9/30, $350 after 9/30
- Resident/Fellow: $250 by 9/30, $300 after 9/30
- International: $225 by 9/30, $275 after 9/30
- Industry: $600 by 9/30, $650 after 9/30=
Schedule of Events
Ultrasound Workshops (Included in Registration Fee!)
The Point of Care Ultrasound for the OSA Patient and Airway Ultrasound and Positive Airway Pressure Workshops will be held on Thursday, October 17th from 1400-1800. There will be a limit of 40 registrants total for both workshops. Attendees will be split into two groups, 20 people in each group, and will attend each workshop and switch half-way through. Total time for each workshop will be 2 hours each. A waiting list will be established for those who’d like to attend the workshops once registration is full.
Thursday, October 17, 2019
Point of Care Ultrasound for the OSA Patient Workshop Lead
Stephen Haskins, MD
Learned Focused Cardiac, Lung and Gastric Ultrasound
(Limit: 20 Registrants)
Airway Ultrasound and Positive Airway Pressure Workshop Lead
Learn Diagnostic and Procedural Airway Ultrasound, Ultrasound Guided Regional Blocks and Positive Airway Pressure.
(Limit: 20 Registrants)
Friday, October 18, 2019
Continental Breakfast with Exhibitors
Welcome Address: SASM Past, Present & Future
Frances Chung, MBBS, FRCPC
Regional Anesthesia & Pain Management for the OSA Patient
Moderator: Stephen Haskins, MD
- 0815-0835: The Unique Challenges of Acute and Chronic Pain Management in the Sleep-Disordered Breathing Patient
Eugene Viscusi, MD
- 0835-0855: Opioid Epidemic and the OSA Patient – A Review of the Literature
Edward Mariano, MD
- 0855-0915: Regional Anesthesia for the OSA Patient – Is There a Benefit and When Should it Be Used?
Crispiana Cozowicz, MD
- 0915-0930: Panel Discussion
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Artificial Intelligence and Sleep – The Next Frontiers
Nate Watson, MD
Emerging Technologies – Sleep & Anesthesia
Moderator: Krish Ramachandran, MD, MBBS
- 1000-1020: Top 5 Technologies in 2019 – Sleep & Anesthesia
Jonathan Wanderer, MD MPhil
- 1020-1040: Can Big Data Analytics Support Personalized Sleep Medicine?
Allan Pack, MBChB, PhD, FRCP
- 1040-1100: Big Data in Postoperative Monitoring – What’s Changing?
Ashish Khanna, MD
- 1100-1120: Wearables and Interactive Devices for Post-Discharge
John Pearson, MD
- 1120-1145: Panel Discussion
Break with Exhibitors & Abstract Poster Viewing
Annual General Meeting & Best Abstract Awards Luncheon
- 1230-1300: Annual General Meeting
Stavros Memtsoudis, MD, PhD
- 1300-1330: Best Abstract Awards Presentations
Toby Weingarten, MD & Malin Jonsson Fagerlund, MD, PhD
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Postoperative Sleep as a Patient-Centered Outcome After Hospital Discharge – Implications for QOL and Safety
Rebecca Aslakson, MD
Moderator: Dennis Auckley, MD
- 1415-1435: Sleep Promoting Pharmacologics – New Agents and Outcomes
Meir Kryger, MD
- 1435-1455: Alertness Promoting Pharmacologics – New Agents and Outcomes
Lynn Trotti, MD
- 1455-1515: Delirium and Sleep After Cardiac Surgery – New Avenues
Balachunder Subramaniam, MD
- 1515-1535: Gabapentin: ERAS Darling with a Dark Side: Do Associated Respiratory Depression Deaths Warrant Pathway Caution?
Michael Pilla, MD
- 1535-1545: Panel Discussion
Disease Mechanisms and Pathways
Moderator: Christine Won, MD, MSc
- 1545-1605: In-Hospital Sleep Program – Challenges & Success Stories
Lauren Tobias, MD
- 1605-1620: Postoperative Central Sleep Apnea to Treat or Not to Treat
Octavian Ioachimescu, MD
- 1620-1640: High Risk OB and SDB: Sleep Medicine & Anesthesia Update
Jennifer Dominguez, MD, Judette Louis, MD, MPH
- 1640-1700: Panel Discussion & Announcement of Giveaway
The Society of Anesthesia and Sleep Medicine 9th Annual Meeting will be taking place at a location to be announced in Orlando, Florida, October 17-18, 2019. Starting in June 2019, please make your hotel reservations online through the American Society of Anesthesiologists room block by visiting www.ASAhq.org.
Be sure to book your room as soon as possible to ensure availability!
Continuing Medical Education Information
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco LLC and the Society of Anesthesia and Sleep Medicine. Amedco LLC is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Learners must complete an evaluation form to receive a certificate of completion. Your chosen sessions must be attended in their entirety. Partial credit of individual sessions is not available. If you are seeking continuing education credit for a specialty not listed above, it is your responsibility to contact your licensing/certification board to determine course eligibility for your licensing/certification requirement.
Credit Designation Statement
Amedco LLC designates this live activity for a maximum of 11.00 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.